P. O. Box 17617
West Palm Beach, Florida 33416
3650 Summit Blvd.
West Palm Beach, Florida 33406
- Municipal Cemeteries - We want to add links to our Municipal Cemeteries databases to connect to Find-A-Grave. This can be done on almost any reasonable schedule. Contact the library for more details.
Boynton Beach Mausoleum - We need a volunteer to transcribe data at the Boynton Beach City Clerk's Office to be added to our database. We want to add the period 2005-2012 but the city does not have the information in a computer file. The city has provided us the information for Boynton Beach Memorial Park.
- Library Volunteers - People willing to commit to a least one three hour shift per week to perform a variety of tasks. Opportinities include:
Paula, or one of our other volunteers will train you do do what needs to be done. This is a great social opportunity as well, a chance to meet and chat with some of our other members. We need more volunteers since we should have two or three volunteers present whenever the library is open,
- Assisting patrons with their research.
- Data entry in the "Cemeteries" data base, both simple and more advanced.
- Assistance with re-labeling our periodicals in the Rowan System we adopted a few years ago.
- Preparing documents for scanning.
- Scanning documents.
- Cleaning of scanned documents.
- Reshelving of books and light housekeeping duties.
- Newsletter contributors, one or more to scan websites for genealogy news, to review our monthly meetings, write short articles, and assist as needed. Generally this can be done from home and takes 2 – 3 hours a month.